Identify attributes and operations for running objects with the wsadmin tool
Use scripting to identify attributes and operations for running objects.
Start the wsadmin scripting client
Find information on a running MBean in the server.
- Specify a running object.
- Display the attributes of the running object:
- Find the operations that are supported by the MBean:
- Jacl...$Help operations MBeanObjectname
...or...$Help operations MBeanObjectname operationName
If we do not provide the operationName value, all the operations that are supported by the MBean return with the signature for each operation. If specify the operationName value, only the operation specified returns and it contains details which include the input parameters and the return value. To display the operations for the server MBean, use the following example:
- Jacl...set server [$AdminControl completeObjectName type=Server,name=server1,*]
$Help operations $server
- Jython...server = AdminControl.completeObjectName('type=Server,name=server1,*')
To display detailed information about the stop operation, use the following example:
Help object for scripted administration
Use AdminControl for scripted administration
Commands for AdminControl
Commands for the Help object