Cannot uninstall an application or remove a node or appserver
What kind of problem are you having?
- After uninstalling an application through wsadmin tool, the application continues to run and throws "DocumentIOException"
- The removeNode command does not remove the installed application from the deployment manager
- I cannot display the syntax for the removeNode command.
If none of these steps fixes your problem...
- Verify that the application and its Web and EJB modules, are in a stopped state before uninstalling.
- If you are uninstalling or installing an application using wsadmin, make sure that you are using the -conntype NONE option to invoke wsadmin and enable local mode. To use the -conntype NONE option, stop the hosting appserver before uninstalling the application.
- Check to see if the problem has been identified and documented by looking at the available online support (hints and tips, technotes, and fixes).
- If you don't find your problem listed there contact IBM support
After uninstalling application through the wsadmin tool, the application throws "DocumentIOException"
If this exception occurs after the application was uninstalled using wsadmin with the -conntype NONE option...
- Restart the server or,
- Rerun the uninstall command without the -conntype NONE option.
The removeNode command does not remove the installed application from the deployment manager
If the applications were installed indirectly using the addNode program with the -includeapps option, then removeNode will not uninstall them, since they may be in use by other nodes. These applications must be explicitly uninstalled... through the administrative console.
I cannot display the syntax for the removeNode command
Unlike the addNode command, the removeNode command is valid with no parameters, so executing it will execute the operation, that is, remove the node, without displaying the command syntax.
To see the valid options for removeNode, execute removeNode -? or removeNode -help.
See AlsoTroubleshooting by component: What is not working?
Troubleshooting code deployment and installation problems