Manage HTTP sessionsIBM WAS provides a service for managing HTTP sessions: Session Manager. The key activities for session management are summarized below.
Before you begin these steps, make sure you are familiar with the programming model for accessing HTTP session support in the applications following the Servlet 2.3 API.
- Plan your approach to session management, which could include session tracking and session recovery..
- Create or modify your own applications to use session support to maintain sessions on behalf of Webapplications.
- Assemble your application.
- Deploy your application.
- Ensure the administrator appropriately configures session management in the administrative domain.
- Adjust configuration settings and perform other tuning activities for optimal use of sessions in your environment.
Session management support
Session security support
Session tracking options
Session recovery support
Best practices for using HTTP Sessions
HTTP session manager troubleshooting tips
Problems creating or using HTTP sessions
Managing HTTP sessions: Resources for learning: