IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft WindowsUse the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft™ Office and Microsoft Windows™ to integrate IBM Connections applications with Microsoft applications.
By default, the installation installs all three plug-ins, but you can disable the installation for any application you do not want to install.
Using the plug-in, you can:
- Add a Word document to an IBM Connections activity, blog or wiki.
- Create a To Do item for an activity.
- Add an Office document to an activity.
- Add a URL as an IBM Connections bookmark.
- Insert a bookmark from IBM Connections in an Office document.
- Search on a person's name to view their profile or search for content in other Connections services.
- Insert data from an IBM Connections profile into a document.
- Show business cards for Outlook message senders. A business card lists a person's contact information as well as expertise and interests.
- Search Connections from Outlook to address new email to people in your IBM Connections network.
- Add files to an activity from Windows Explorer.
Install the IBM Connections plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
Install the IBM Connections plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows to integrate IBM Connections services with Microsoft applications.
Configure the Connections plug-in for Microsoft Office
Before you can use the plug-in, provide information about the IBM Connections servers to which the plug-ins will connect.
Configure dynamic feeds for the Outlook Social Connector
Configure the IBM Connections Profiles server to support dynamic feeds to bring data from Connections to the outlook client via the Microsoft Outlook Social Connector.
Viewing the log file for the Connections plug-in
If you encounter any errors during the installation or configuration process, review the log file for troubleshooting information.
Enable the Connections plug-in to display in Office after restart
Add the IBM Connections plug-in to the Microsoft Office Trust Center so that the plug-in is available every time you launch Outlook or Office.
Uninstall the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Windows Explorer
You can remove the plug-in with a few quick steps.
Parent topicInstall plug-ins