Configure the Connections plug-in for Microsoft OfficeBefore you can use the plug-in, provide information about the IBM Connections servers to which the plug-ins will connect.
Before you beginA application must be installed and available from an IBM Connections server before a plug-in can use it.
About this taskTo configure the IBM Connections plug-ins...
- To display the configuration settings page, do one of the following:
- From Microsoft™ Outlook, or from a Microsoft Office application, click IBM Connections -> Preferences. For Office 2007 and Office 2010, click the Connections tab.
- From Microsoft Windows™ Explorer, right-click a file that you want to add to an activity, and choose IBM Connections -> Preferences.
- Enter the user name and password you use to access IBM Connections features. If you do not know this information, contact your site administrator.
- In the server URL fields, enter the web addresses for the servers that support the features you plan to use. If you do not know the server web addresses, contact your site administrator.
Use the following syntax to specify the server web address:
- Specify the authentication type and URL you are using from the following choices:
- HTTP Basic
Note: You do not need to specify an authentication URL for this option.
- Site Minder
Note: The user name and password fields are disabled when SPNEGO is selected because it uses Kerboros as the login. Specify the authentication URL as follows:
- Tivoli Access Manager
- Click OK to save the configuration settings.
Parent topicIBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows