IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
Install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications binaries on Linux and UNIX systems - WAS agent
If the ITCAM for WebSphere Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent or ITCAM for Web Resources WebSphere Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent is installed on the host, use the same process to upgrade it.
Install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications version 7.1 before installing version 220.127.116.11.
If any data collector of a version lower than 6.1 Fix Pack 4 connects to this Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent, monitoring for this data collector will cease after the upgrade.
Monitoring will start again once you upgrade the monitoring of the application server instances to the new version of the data collector
- Upgrade monitoring to data collector 7.1 using command line
- Upgrade monitoring to data collector 7.1 using GUI
Before starting the process, make sure the Manage Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Services (MTMS) utility is not running. If it is running, stop it.
Install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications
- Invoke the installer
- Supply the name of the installation directory
- Select installation options
- Accept the product license agreement
- Enter the IBM Tivoli Monitoring encryption key
- Install prerequisites and specify the component to install
- Install the product software
- Deep dive diagnostics only installation: disable Monitoring Agent autostart
- What to do next
Parent topic:Install ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications on Linux and UNIX systems