IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 22.214.171.124
Upgrade monitoring to data collector 7.1 using GUI - WAS agent
If an application server instance is monitored by a previous version of the data collector (from ITCAM for WebSphere 6.1, ITCAM for Web Resources 6.2, or ITCAM for WebSphere 7.0), you can upgrade monitoring to version 7.1.
To upgrade monitoring of server instances to data collector version 7.1:
- Enter the Agent Configuration window. See Enter the Agent Configuration window.
Figure 1. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 1
- Select Upgrade ITCAM for WebSphere 6.1.x or ITCAM for WebSphere 7.0.x data collector to ITCAM 7.1 and click Next.
- Set the home directory of the previous version of the data collector.
Figure 2. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 2
Enter the full path to the directory in which the older version of the data collector as installed. If it was configured with the default options, the path is C:\IBM\itcam\WebSphere\DC. Then, click Next.
- Select the server instances you want to upgrade. All the instances monitored by this installation of the older data collector are listed.
For a stand alone environment, instances must be running during the configuration.
- For a Network Deployment or Extended Deployment environment, the Node Agent and Deployment Manager must be running.
Set the connection parameters for the application server instances. By default, the information that was set during initial data collector configuration for each instance will be displayed (except username and password). The following table lists the fields:
Fields for establishing data collector and application server communication
Field What to do Host Name Type the fully qualified host name or IP address of the application server instance that the data collector monitors. Do not include a protocol in the host name. For example, type...
If using a Network Deployment environment, provide the host name of the deployment manager instead.
Connector Type Select the type of connection the data collector and application server will use for communication. Port If you selected SOAP as the connector type, enter the SOAP port used by the application server instance.
The SOAP port is identified in the AppServer_home/profiles/profile_name/config/cells/cell_name/nodes/node_name/serverindex.xml file for the instance of application server that the data collector will monitor.
If using Network Deployment, provide the SOAP port of the deployment manager instead.
If you selected RMI as the connector type, enter the RMI port used by the application server instance.
Username Only for Global Security enabled. Type the user ID of a user authorized to log on to the WAS administrative console. This user must have the agent role on the application server.
Alternatively, to retrieve the user ID from a properties file, select Use 'soap.client.props' or 'sas.client.props'.
Password Only for Global Security enabled. Type the password corresponding to the user specified in the Username field.
Alternatively, to retrieve the password from a properties file, select Use 'soap.client.props' or 'sas.client.props'.
Figure 3. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 3
Check the boxes next to the instances you want to configure. Then, click Next.
- In the following window, choose whether you want to modify the path for backing up application server configuration files. Normally you do not need to change it.
Figure 4. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 4
If you wish to change the backup path, check the box and click Browse to set the new path. Click Next.
- In the following window, choose whether you want to uninstall the old data collector after upgrading the instances. If you are upgrading all application server instances monitored by the older data collector on this host, you may choose to perform the uninstallation. If there are instances you are not upgrading, unconfigure the old data collector for them using its own configuration utility before uninstalling it. There is no requirement to uninstall the old data collector.
Figure 5. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 5
If you wish to uninstall the old data collector, check the box. Click Next.
- In the next step, you can choose to create a response file to save your configuration settings. You can use the response file to perform a silent configuration with the same parameters.
Figure 6. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 6
To create a response file, check the box Save your settings in a response file and click Browse to select the file location; otherwise leave the box unchecked. If you uncheck Apply data collector Upgrade, the upgrade will not be applied; you can still save it in the response file. When the boxes are set correctly, click Next.
- The configuration utility will validate the applications server connection and apply the upgrade.
Figure 7. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 7
- WebSphere unconfiguration summary information is displayed.
Figure 8. Upgrading monitoring to data collector 7.1, window 8
To export the summary report to a file, click the button...
Export Summary Report
The application server needs to be restarted before the data collector configuration takes effect. Click Home to return to the Agent Configuration window, or click OK to complete the configuration process. If you click OK, the TEMS Connection window is displayed.
If IBM Tivoli Monitoring is not used (in a deep dive only installation), make sure No TEMS is selected, and click Save. Otherwise click Cancel to close it.
Parent topic:Configure the agent using GUI