IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
Scenario 9: Ensuring that jobs processed by Compute Grid don't execute for longer than one hour
Annette, the level 2 operator, needs to ensure that jobs processed by Compute Grid do not execute for longer than one hour. If a job executes for longer, then Annette needs to capture the job information and forward to the Middleware/Application Support SME.
- Middleware/Application Support SME configure jobs as custom requests via data collector configuration files.
- Annette edits the predefined XDCGJobExcessiveTotalTime situation to trigger if the total job time is greater than 60 minutes.
- At some point in time, Annette observes that the situation has triggered.
- Annette clicks the event link and the event workspace is displayed.
- Annette opens the Job workspace by using the link from event workspace.
- The Job workspace shows all the details about the job. From the job notifications, Annette observes that the job is executing for a long time, she clicks the Diagnostic in-Flight Request Search link, this opens the MSVE in-flight workspace, from here she clicks the link to see the request call stack.
- Annette captures the call stack and provides to Jim, the Middleware/Application Support SME.
- Jim determines that job is waiting for database lock and resolves it appropriately.