IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
ITCAM for Application Diagnostics user interfaces
ITCAM for Application Diagnostics functions can broadly be divided into two areas:
Each of these functions uses different combinations of components. Each function also uses a different user interface.
The two user interfaces are...
The Tivoli Enterprise Portal user interface
The Tivoli Enterprise Portal is part of the IBM Tivoli Monitoring architecture and is the user interface into your ITCAM for Application Diagnostics environment site and possibly other IBM Tivoli enterprise applications if they are installed in your environment.
- Monitor the health and availability of production applications and application servers
- Identify and isolate availability and response time problems
The Tivoli Enterprise Portal provides monitoring information, such as memory usage, response time, pool analysis, and data source analysis. The Tivoli Enterprise Portal enables you to drill down from server level metrics to specific application and resource level metrics.
MSVE user interface
The MSVE user interface provides users with management and monitoring functions for application servers. In addition, the MSVE also provides a diagnostic function. Here are some of the diagnostic activities you can perform in MSVE:
- Detect transactions failing
- Detect memory leaks
- Examine detailed method traces, which help to detect application code hotspots
- Generate reports to analyze historical information, such as application performance and OS performance
Parent topic:Overview of ITCAM for Application Diagnostics