IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
Workload Management workspace
This workspace displays information about the Workload Management (WLM) server and about the WLM client that initiates workload requests to that server.
Workload management optimizes the distribution of client processing tasks. Incoming work requests are distributed to the application servers, enterprise beans, servlets, and other objects that can most effectively process the requests. Workload management also provides failover protection when servers are not available, improving application availability. In a WAS environment, you implement workload management using clusters, transports, and replication domains.
This workspace displays data provided by both the Workload Management Server attributes and the Workload Management Client attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- WLM Server Incoming Requests bar chart, which shows the incoming strong affinity requests and the incoming nonaffinity requests (per second)
- WLM Client Outgoing Requests bar chart, which shows the outgoing requests (per second)
- Workload Management Server report
Shows detailed information about the WLM server, such as incoming requests and clients served
- Workload Management Client report
Shows information about the clients that initiate workload requests, such as outgoing requests and response times
Access the Workload Management workspaceWithin the Navigator expand...
System | node | a href="http://setgetweb.com/p/ITCAMv7/planning_an_installation/Agents.html">WebSphere
| WebSphere application server | Workload Management entry
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications