IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
Web Applications workspace
This workspace displays information about the Web applications running in J2EE application servers.
This workspace displays data provided by the Web Applications attributes.
- The Web Applications workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Worse Response Times bar chart, which shows the worst servlet response times (in milliseconds) during the interval
- Most Popular Web Applications bar chart, which shows the servlet exception and request rates (in events per second)
- Worse Error Rates bar chart, which shows the worst servlet error rates during the interval
- Web Applications report, which displays aggregated performance data for each Web application, about all servlets and JSPs deployed to that Web application, including response and error rates and response times.
Access the Web Applications workspace
To access this workspace:
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node | WebSphere agents | WebSphere application server | Web Applications
Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Web Applications workspace
In the Tivoli Enterprise Portal access the WebSphere Agent workspace. You can use the Diagnostic Server Activity Display link to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine. For information about access requirements see Prerequisites for access.
- In the Web Applications window, right click the choose link icon then click Diagnostic Server Activity Display.
- If this is your first time to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine during a session, you see a Welcome to the Application Monitor page.
- Depending on the user setup configuration in your environment you may or may not have to type your Managing Server Visualization Engine User Name and Password. If you do, you only need to log in using your User Name and Password once per session.
- Click OK to display the Server Activity Display page in the Managing Server Visualization engine. You can use link to diagnose application problems, for example, slow transactions or high response times.
- The results in this page relate directly to the context from where you launched the link in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. For more information about using the Server Activity Display page and additional features, refer to the Composite Application Manager help within the Managing Server Visualization Engine Interface.
- To return to the previous workspace in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface at any time choose from the following options:
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop client, click the back arrow on your web browser.
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal browser client, click the browser back arrow.
- Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine
- Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications