IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 18.104.22.168
Data sources workspace
The data sources workspace displays statistical data for the data sources your applications reference when accessing databases.
This workspace displays data provided by the Datasources attributes.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Worst Datasource Query Times bar chart, which shows the longest times (in milliseconds) the application spent waiting to retrieve data from the database during the specified interval
- Worst Datasource Update Times bar chart, which shows the longest times (in milliseconds) the application spent updating data within the database during the specified interval
- Datasources - Current Interval report, which displays database usage information. For example, this report shows traffic information such as the time the application spent trying to connect to the database and total and average processing times for database queries and updates.
Access the Data sources workspace
To access this workspace:
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node | WebSphere agents | | WebSphere application server | Datasources
Selected Data source - History workspace
The Selected Datasource - History workspace displays the historical information that corresponds to the information in the Datasource workspace for a selected data source. Historical information is collected over a specific time span. See the online help for Tivoli Enterprise Portal for a detailed explanation of historical reporting.
Access the Selected Data source - History workspace
To access this workspace from the Datasource workspace, use one of the following procedures:
- From the Datasources - Current Interval report, right-click the link icon to the left of any row; then, from the pop-up menu, click Selected Datasource - History.
- From Worst Datasource Query Times bar chart or the Worst Datasource Update Times bar chart, right-click any bar; then, from the pop-up menu, click Link To > Selected Datasource - History.
Selected Data source - Datasource Trend workspace
The Datasources Trend workspace displays information about datasource connections. This workspace displays data provided by the Datasources attributes.
This predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Current Datasources report displays datasource name, total wait time, connection rate, connection average wait time and connection max wait time. For TEMA running on z/OS, region ID can be found in the ASID column.
- Total Wait Time chart displays the total time that applications had to wait for a connection to the data source.
- Connection Rate Trend chart displays the number of connection requests created for the data source per second.
- Connection Average and Max Time Trend chart display the average time in milliseconds and the worst-case time in milliseconds that applications had to wait for a connection.
Access the Selected Data source - Datasource Trend workspace
Right-click the Datasources workspace, select Workspace and then Datasource Trend workspace
Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Datasources workspace
In the Tivoli Enterprise Portal, access the Datasources workspace. You can use the Diagnostic Server Activity Display link to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine. For information about access requirements see Prerequisites for access.
- In the Datasources - Current Interval window, right click the choose link icon then click Diagnostic Server Activity Display.
- If this is your first time to access the Managing server Visualization Engine during a session, you see a Welcome to the Application Monitor page.
- Depending on the user setup configuration in your environment you may or may not have to type your Managing Server Visualization Engine User Name and Password. If you do, you only need to log in using your User Name and Password once per session. Click OK to display the Server Activity Display page in the Managing Server Visualization engine. You can use this page to diagnose application problems, for example, slow transactions or high response times.
- In a z/OS environment, right click the link icon on a row where the ASID column displays Summary.
- Click Selected Datasource- Servant Regions.
- In the Selected Datasource - Servant Regions table, right click the link icon on a row.
- Click Diagnostic Server Activity Display.
- For more information about the options available in a z/OS environment, refer to Region workspaces in a z/OS environment and Access a Region workspace.
- The results in this page relate directly to the context from where you launched the link in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. For more information about using the Server Activity Display page, and additional features refer to the Composite Application Manager help within the Managing Server Visualization Engine Interface.
- To return to the previous workspace in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface at any time choose from the following options:
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop client, click the back arrow on your web browser.
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal browser client, click the browser back arrow.
- Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine.
- Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications