IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
Client Communications workspace
This workspace provides overall Service Integration Bus communication performance data and counters for all clients connected to this application server. WAS 5.1 based products do not support this workspace.
This workspace displays data provided by the Client Communications attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Connection Count - History graph, which shows the number of API sessions used by clients that were network connected to this application server
- Error Count - History graph, which shows the communication errors that occurred and that resulted in the disconnection of a network connection to a client
- Communication Statistics report, which displays information about client communications, including API connections, errors, reads, writes, sent priority, received priority, MessageSent priority, and MessageReceived priority
Access the Client Communications workspace
To access this workspace from the Platform Messaging workspace, use one of the following procedures:
Navigator | Platform Messaging (right-click) Workspace | Client Communications
Tivoli Enterprise Portal View | Workspace | Client Communications
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications