IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
Cache Analysis workspace
This workspace reports information about the dynamic cache.
WAS consolidates several caching activities, including servlets, Web services, and WebSphere commands, into one service called the dynamic cache. These caching activities work together to improve application performance. The activities share many configuration parameters, which are set in an application server's dynamic cache service. The dynamic cache works within an application server's Java Virtual Machine (JVM), intercepting calls to cacheable objects, for example, through a servlet's service method or a command's execute method. The dynamic cache either stores the object's output to or serves the object's content from the dynamic cache.
This workspace displays data provided by both the Dynamic Cache attributes and the Dynamic Cache Templates attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on-demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- In-memory Cache Sizes - History graph, which shows the sizes of in-memory cache entries for the specified interval
- Highest Miss Rates bar chart, which shows the most frequent cache entry misses (per second). The Y-axis headings correspond to the row number of the Dynamic Cache Templates report
- Dynamic Cache report, which displays information about the dynamic cache, including cache sizes and timeout rates
- Dynamic Cache Templates report, which displays information about the cache template data. A cache template is an object type defined by a cache policy specified in WAS file cachespec.xml. A cache policy, which is specified the caching rules and indicates what will be cached, the invalidation and timeout conditions, and other data
Access the Cache Analysis workspace
To access this workspace:
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node | WebSphere agents | WebSphere application server | Cache Analysis
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications