IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
Create a Memory Leak Candidate Finder report
The Memory Leak Candidate Finder report lets you create a comparison report of two heap snapshots. Taking two heap snapshots will show if, over time, the number of instances of a specific class is increasing. In cases, where the number of instances of a class continues to rise over a period of time, the report will demonstrate this leak candidate.
To create a Memory Leak Candidate Finder Report:
- From the top navigation, click...
Problem Determination > Memory Diagnosis > Memory Leak
- Select a group and a server from the list boxes and click OK. The Memory Leak Confirmation report displays.
- From the Additional Tools box, click Create New Candidate link. The Create New Candidate page opens.
- Select a group and a server.
- Enter the Wait Time and select hours or minutes from the list box. (There is a 48 hour maximum.) The Wait Time is the amount of time the system must wait before taking the second heap snapshot.
- Click Save. The Memory Leak Candidate Finder Management page displays the report with a waiting status. Check the report for results after your wait time elapses. If you receive a failed status on your Memory Leak Candidate Finder report this indicates that either the data collector restarted, the managing server is down, or there is not enough memory to run the report.
Parent topic:Memory Leak
Create a Memory Analysis report
Create a Memory Leak Confirmation report
View a Memory Leak Candidate Finder report