IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
View a Memory Leak Candidate Finder report
The Memory Leak Candidate Finder report displays the data comparison between two heap snapshots. The heap results display unfiltered. You can filter the heap results by class name using the Exclude (Class name) and Exclude Override (Class name) lists. Use this data to evaluate whether a memory leak is in progress on your system.
View a Memory Leak Candidate Finder report:
- From the top navigation, click...
Problem Determination > Memory Diagnosis > Memory Leak > group and server OK > Additional Tools box > View Existing Candidates
- The status for your report displays.
Click the Server Name's link to open your previously created report. The Memory Leak Candidate Finder report opens.
- Click Comparison Data on the left navigation pane. The comparison data displays with the data for each heap snapshot.
- To view each heap individually, click either Heap 1 or Heap 2 on the left navigation pane. This gives you another view of the heap analysis for your current data.
- To filter your data more precisely, enter the classes you do not want to analyze into the Exclude (Class name) list. If you specify regular expressions in the Exclude list, but want to monitor a subset of these classes, enter the classes you want to monitor into the Exclude Override (Class name) list. The report refreshes and displays with the current data. When the comparison for the Memory Leak Candidate Finder report displays the heap snapshot data, the data includes the class name, the change in the number of instances, and the change in total size. Watch the change in the number of instances; increasing numbers are an indicator of a memory leak in your system.
Parent topic:Memory Leak
Create a Memory Leak Candidate Finder report
Create a Memory Analysis report