IBM Worklight v5.0.5 > Develop IBM Worklight applications > Development guidelines for desktop and web environments
Sign Windows 7 and Vista gadgets
Windows 7 and Vista gadgets should be digitally signed before users install them. IBM Worklight provides a default certificate for signing Windows gadgets that can be used for development and test purposes. You can sign Windows 7 and Vista gadgets only on Windows systems.
To sign a Windows gadget for production distribution...
- Install the following software (in this order):
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- .NET Development Tools Component from the Microsoft Windows SDK v7.1
- Obtain a PKCS12 certificate from a certificate authority, and export it as a PFX file.
- Place this certificate on your hard disk.
- Set the <certificate> element under the <vista> element in the application descriptor...<certificate password="PFX_cert_password" PFXFilePath="path-to-pfx"/>
path-to-pfx can either be relative to the root of the application, or an absolute path.
The use of Windows 7 and Vista gadgets is deprecated in Worklight version 5.0.5. Support might be removed in any future version.
Parent Development guidelines for desktop and web environments