IBM Worklight v5.0.5 > Develop IBM Worklight applications > Authentication configuration
Authenticators and Login Modules
An authenticator is a server component that...
- Collects credentials from the client.
- Passes the credentials to a login module.
- Builds client identity object
An authenticator can, for example, collect any type of information accessible from an HTTP request object, such as...
- data in request header or body
A login module can validate the credentials that are passed to it in various ways. For example:
- Using a web service
- Looking up the client ID in a database
- Using an LTPA token
A number of predefined authenticators and login modules are supplied. You can write your own in Java.
Parent Authentication configuration