Extending Flex custom control support using Proxy SDK wizard
Rational Functional Tester supports testing functional aspects of Adobe Flex custom controls in a specific way. Proxies can be created and deployed using the proxy SDK wizard. You can extend Rational Functional Tester capabilities by using the Proxy SDK wizard to test the Flex custom control. You can map a specific control to a proxy to support data verification point and the datapool.
If you want to map a specific control to a proxy and have the data verification point and the datapool support, you can use the Rational Functional Tester proxy SDK to extend support for testing flex custom controls.
- Create a delegate for the custom control and map the events and properties in the <Rational Functional Tester install directory>\bin\FlexEnv.xml file. Delegate is an actionscript class which allows automation framework to understand the events from the control. References are available in Flex Builder directory where a delegate exists corresponding to each standard control. For information see, Flex Data Visualization Developer's Guide in the Adobe site.
- Create a proxy project and a test object. For details, refer to the Developing proxies using the Proxy SDK wizard section of topics.
- Create a proxy and associate the proxy and the test object with the control for which the proxy is written.
- Map the proxy to the control in the *.rftcust file generated using the Proxy SDK wizard.
- Deploy the .jar file and the *.rftcust file in the customization folder.
Developing proxies using the Proxy SDK wizard
Flex custom control support
Main features of specific support for Flex custom control