Associating a datapool with a test script
You can associate a test script with a datapool to use external data to drive the application instead of using a literal value.
A datapool is a test dataset, a collection of related data records. It supplies data values to the variables in a test script during test script playback.
To associate a datapool with a test script:
- In the Functional Tester Projects view, select a datapool.
- Right-click the selected datapool and click Associate with Script.
- Click the + next to the project to open the list of scripts.
- Click one or several test scripts to associate with the datapool that you selected.
- Click Finish.
If you change the datapool associated with a script, the script may run incorrectly.
- If you receive a message that a script is already associated with a datapool, take one of the following steps:
- Click Yes to change the datapool associated with the script to another datapool.
- Click No to keep the datapool associated with the script.
Removing a datapool association
Associating a test script with a datapool