Functional Tester page
You use the General Rational Functional Tester page to set all Functional Tester time options. These options are useful to accommodate different computer speeds.
The Functional Tester page has the following controls:
Multiply all time options by: -- Enter any real number by which you want to multiply all Functional Tester preferences or options that take an amount of time as an argument. For example, enter .5 to make all Functional Tester time options twice as fast. This option affects all the following controls:
- General Playback
- Maximum time to attempt to find Test Object
- Pause between attempts to find Test Object
- Timeout used in waitForExistence( ) method
- Retry timeout used in waitForExistence( ) loop
- Delay before mouse up
- Delay before mouse move
- Delay before mouse down
- Delay before key up
- Delay when hover
- Delay after top level window activates
- Delay before key down
- Delay before performing Test Object action
- General Recorder
- Delay before recording a mouse action
- Delay before recording a keystroke
- Use Default
- Clear this check box to edit the value in the Multiply all time options by field. Select this check box to restore the default value.
- Restore Defaults
- Restore the default values on this page.
- Save your changes without closing the dialog box.
To open: Click Window > Preferences. In the left pane, click Functional Test.
Setting functional test preferences