During playback you can view the script name, the number of the line that is executing, status icons, and a description of the action in progress from the Playback Monitor.
The Playback Monitor consists of four parts:
- Script name
- Description of action in progress
- Status icons
- Script line number
- Stop and pause or resume buttons
Playback Monitor icons
The Playback Monitor includes four status icons:
Status Icon Description Functional Tester is looking for an object in an application. Functional Tester is not looking for an object in an application. Functional Tester is waiting for an object in an application to appear or for a script delay to end. Functional Tester is executing the current script.
Turning off the Playback Monitor
You can turn off the Playback Monitor.
By default, the Playback Monitor is on.
- Click Window > Preferences .
- In the left pane expand Functional Test, expand Playback, and click Monitor.
- Clear the Show monitor during playback check box.
Ambiguous object recognition in functional testing
Screen snapshot on playback failure of functional tests
Pausing or stopping script playback