Configure the content spot
The Configure Spot feature provides a convenient place for selecting the type of content to display in a web content viewer. We can target content to segments, display content with page context, or select a specific content item for the spot.
From the Configure Spot menu, select the type of content to add to the spot. We can add specified, contextual, or targeted content to the spot.
- We need the same content item to always display in the spot.
- The content item to display in this spot applies to everyone that can view the web content viewer.
- The content item that displays must automatically change as the page context changes. For example, the content that displays might be determined by a link that you click.
- The same content item displays to everyone that can view the web content viewer.
- A single content item does not meet the content goals for the spot.
- We need a way to display alternative content to different user segments (audiences) or to hide the spot for particular segments.
View content details
Configure Spot provides us with a quick way of getting information about the web content. Regardless of the type of content we select for the spot, we can learn more about the content item from the Details view.
From Details, we can learn the following information about the content item:
- Name of the content item with the option to edit the content item inline.
- Name of the authoring template if available with the option to edit the authoring template inline.
- Summary of when the content item was last updated, created, and workflow status.
- Location information that includes the path to the content item in the web content library and any associated project name.
- Specified content
The specified content option is an easy way to configure the spot to point to a single path in the web content library for displaying content. With this option, we can focus on picking the best content item for the spot.
- Contextual content
Contextual content allows us to leverage the content associations on the page to control the content that is displayed. If the page context changes, the content item that is displayed changes automatically.
- Targeted Content
Targeted content displays different content to different user segments in a content spot of web content viewer.
Parent topic: User assistance for content authors