Assemble applications: Resources for learning
Additional information and guidance on assembling applications is available on various Internet sites.
Use the following links to find relevant supplemental information about the application assembly and using an assembly tool. The information resides on IBM and non-IBM Internet sites, whose sponsors control the technical accuracy of the information.
These links are provided for convenience. Often, the information is not specific to the IBM WebSphere Application Server product, but is useful all or in part for understanding the product. When possible, links are provided to technical papers and Redbooks publications that supplement the broad coverage of the release documentation with in-depth examinations of particular product areas.
View links to additional information about:
Programming instructions and examples
- Rational Application Developer V8 Programming Guide, SG24-7835-00, http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247835.html?Open
- Rational developer community, http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/
- IBM WebSphere Developer Technical Journal: Using Rational Developer to create a simple web service and use it in a web application, http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/0506_parkin/0506_parkin.html
- Java EE Tutorials, http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/documentation/tutorials-137605.html
- Recommended reading list: Java EE and WAS, http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0305_issw/recommendedreading.html
- API documentation
- WAS V7 Administration and Configuration Guide, SG24-7615-01, http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247615.html
Rational Application Developer V8 Programming Guide, SG24-7835-00
Rational developer community
IBM WebSphere Developer Technical Journal: Using Rational Developer to create a simple web service and use it in a web application
Java EE Tutorials
Recommended reading list: Java EE and WAS
WAS V7 Administration and Configuration Guide, SG24-7615-01