Tuning security performance
Use the following procedures to tune the performance, without compromising the security settings.
Enable security decreases performance.
The following tuning parameters provide ways to minimize this performance impact.
- Disable security on any appservers that do not need security.
We can disable security in the admin console by clicking Security > Global security and deselecting the Enable admin security option.
- Fine-tune the Authentication cache timeout value on the Authentication mechanisms and expiration panel in the admin console.
See the Global security settings topic.
- Set the security cache properties. For more information, see the Authentication cache settings topic.
- Enable the Enable SSL ID tracking option on the Session management panel in the admin console. For more information, see the Session management settings topic.
- Improve the performance of WS-Security by downloading a JCE unlimited jurisdiction policy file that does not have restrictions on cryptography strength.
See the Tuning WS-Security for V7.0 applications topic.
- Read the SSL performance tips and Tuning security configurations topics for more information.
Tuning security configurations