Task overview: Internationalizing interface strings (localizable-text API)
This page summarizes the steps involved in implementing message catalogs through the localizable-text API.
This product supports the maintenance and deployment of centralized message catalogs for the output of properly formatted, language-specific (localized) interface strings.
- Identify localizable text in the application.
- Create the message catalogs that are necessary for the locales to be supported by the application.
- In the application code, compose the language-specific strings for output.
- Use an assembly tool, assemble the application code as one or more application components.
- Prepare the localizable-text package for deployment with the localized application. In this step, you create a deployment JAR file.
- Assemble the application modules and the deployment JAR file into a Java EE application.
- Deploy and manage the application.
ResultsYour application is deployed with localized text.
Identifying localizable text
Create message catalogs
Composing language-specific strings
Preparing the localizable-text package for deployment
Task overview: Globalizing applications