Dynamic member attributes collection
To manage LDAP dynamic member attributes.
- In the admin console, click...
Security | Global security
- Under User account repository, select Federated repositories from the Available realm definitions field and click Configure.
- Under Related items, click Manage repositories.
- Click Add to specify a new external repository or select an external repository that is preconfigured.
- Under Additional properties, click Group attribute definition.
- Under Additional properties, click Dynamic member attributes.
When you finish adding or updating the federated repository configuration, go to the Security > Global security panel and click Apply to validate the changes.
Name of the attribute that defines the filter for dynamic group members in LDAP. For example, memberURL is the name of a commonly used dynamic member attribute.
If both member and dynamic member attributes are specified for the same group type, this group type is a hybrid group with both static and dynamic members.
A dynamic group defines its members differently than a static group. Instead of listing the members individually, the dynamic group defines its members using an LDAP search. The filter for the search is defined in a dynamic member attribute. For example, the dynamic group uses the structural objectclass groupOfURLs, or auxiliary objectclass ibm-dynamicGroup, and the attribute memberURL, to define the search using a simplified LDAP URL syntax:
ldap: ///<base DN of search>??<scope of search>?<searchfilter>
The following is an example of the LDAP URL that defines all entries that are under o=Acme with the objectclass=person:
- Object class
Object class of the group that contains this dynamic member attribute, for example, groupOfURLs. If this property is not defined, the dynamic member attribute applies to all group object classes.
Set dynamic member attributes in a federated repository configuration
Dynamic member attributes settings