Accessing help and product information from the admin console
This page describes how to use admin console help and how to link to product documentation from the admin console. You must have a connection to the Internet to access information about WAS from the Welcome page of the admin console.
All of the helps panels that we can access from the admin console, we can access from the WAS Information Center. This page describes how to access the help panels, the information center, and other product documentation from the admin console.
- Click Welcome on the admin console navigation tree. In the workspace to the right of the navigation tree, click the link, which takes you to a page that has links to various documentation. The documentation that is linked includes the WAS Information Center, WAS v7 information, and the WAS technical information on developerWorks.
- Access help in the following ways:
- Click either of the following tabs of an online help page:
- Click the Help index tab and select from the list of help panels to view admin console help information.
- Click the Search tab, provide search terms, and then click Search. Under Results, select a help panel that contains the search information.
- In the help portal that is on the right side of the admin console panel, do one or all of the following tasks:
- Click a field label or a list marker in the admin console panel for the help to display under Field help. Alternatively, place the cursor over the field label or the list marker for the corresponding help to display at the cursor.
When you place the cursor over the field label or list marker, the help might be truncated in a Firefox browser. Click the field label or list marker so that the full help displays under Field help.
- Click the link under Page help to access the help panel for the admin console panel. The help panel is the same help panel that displays when you click the ? icon.
- If Command assistance is listed, click the link under Command assistance to view wsadmin scripting commands for the last action run for this console panel.
Next stepsWe can continue to access help information from the admin console. Alternatively, we can access the help information from the WAS Information Center.
We can continue to access the WAS Information Center, WAS v7 information, and the WAS technical information on developerWorks from the admin console. Alternatively we can access the information from the IBM Web site.
Accessing command assistance from the admin console
Use the admin console