Prepare to host applications
Rather than use the default application server provided with the product, one can configure a new server and set of resources.
OverviewThe default application server and a set of default resources are available to help you begin quickly. You can choose instead to configure a new server and set of resources. Here is what you need to do in order to set up a run-time environment to support applications.
- Create an application server.
- Create a virtual host.
- Configure a Web container.
- Configure an EJB container.
- Create resources for data access.
- Create a JDBC provider and data source.
- Create a URL and URL provider.
- Create a JavaMail session.
- Create resources for session support.
- Configure a Session Manager.
Deploying and administering applications