Enable embedded Tivoli Access Manager
OverviewEmbedded Tivoli Access Manager is not enabled by default but needs to be configured for use.
Enabling Tivoli Access Manager security within WAS requires:
- A supported LDAP installed somewhere on your network. This is the user registry containing the user and group information for both Tivoli Access Manager and WebSphere Application Server.
- A Tivoli Access Manager V5.1 domain exists and is configured to use the user registry.
- WebSphere Application Server v6.x is installed either in a single server model or as a network deployment.
Complete the following steps to enable the embedded Tivoli Access Manager security:
- Create the security administrative user.
- Configure the TAM JACC provider.
- Enable WAS security. When you are using Tivoli Access Manager configure LDAP as the user registry.
- Enable the Tivoli Access Manager JACC provider.
Related TasksCreate the security administrative user
Enable the JACC provider for Tivoli Access Manager
Tivoli Access Manager JACC provider configuration
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Tivoli is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.