Enable the JACC provider for Tivoli Access Manager
Note: Do not perform this task if you are configuring the Java Authorization Contract for Container (JACC) provider for TAM to supply authentication services only. Only perform this task for installations that require both TAM authentication and authorization protection. The JACC provider for TAM is configured by default. The following list shows the JACC provider configuration settings for TAM .To enable the JACC provider for Tivoli Access Manager, use the previous settings and complete the following steps:
Field Value Name Tivoli Access Manager Description This field is optional and used as a reference. J2EE policy class name com.tivoli.pd.as.jacc.TAMPolicy Policy configuration factory class name com.tivoli.pd.as.jacc.TAMPolicyConfigurationFactory Role configuration factory class name com.tivoli.pd.as.jacc.TAMRoleConfigurationFactory JACC provider initialization class name com.tivoli.pd.as.jacc.cfg.TAMConfigInitialize Requires the EJB arguments policy context handler for access decisions false Supports dynamic module updates true
- Click...Security | Global security | Authorization providers | External authorization using a JACC provider | OK
You are returned to the Authorization providers page.
- Under Authorization, click...Authorization providers | External JACC provider
The JACC provider settings for TAM are displayed.
- Verify that the correct settings are present to work with your TAM configuration.
- Under Additional properties, click...Tivoli Access Manager properties | Enable embedded Tivoli Access Manager
- Verify that the correct TAM server and WAS settings exist.
- Click OK.
- Save the settings by clicking Save at the top of the page.
- Log out of the WAS administrative console.
- Restart the WebSphere Application Server. The security configuration is now replicated to managed servers and node agents. These other servers within a cell also require restarting before the security changes take effect.
Related TasksConfigure the JACC provider for Tivoli Access Manager using the administrative console
Configure the JACC provider for Tivoli Access Manager using the wsadmin utility
See AlsoExternal Java Authorization Contract for Containers provider settings
Tivoli Access Manager JACC provider settings
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Tivoli is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.