Disable embedded Tivoli Access Manager client using the Administration Console
In a network deployment architecture ensure all managed servers, including node agents, are started then perform the following process once on the deployment management server. Information from the unconfigure operation is forwarded to managed servers, including node agents, when the server is restarted. The managed servers then require their own restart for changes to take effect.
To unconfigure the Tivoli Access Manager JACC provider using the WAS administration console, complete the following steps:
- Disable global security by clicking...Security | Global security
...and deselect the Enable global security option.
- Restart the server or, in a network deployment architecture, restart the deployment manager process.
- Select...Security | Global security | | External JACC provider | Tivoli Access Manager Properties
The configuration screen for the Tivoli Access Manager JACC provider is displayed.
- Deselect the Enable embedded Tivoli Access Manager option. If you want to ignore errors when unconfiguring, select the Ignore errors during embedded Tivoli Access Manager disablement option. Select this option only when the Tivoli Access Manager domain is in an irreparable state.
- Click OK.
- Optional: If you want security enabled, without Tivoli Access Manager, re-enable global security.
- Optional: In network deployment environments, synchronize all nodes.
- Restart all WAS instances for the changes to take effect.
Related TasksDisable embedded Tivoli Access Manager client using wsadmin
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Tivoli is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.