Disable embedded Tivoli Access Manager client using wsadmin
In a network deployment architecture ensure all managed servers, including node agents, are started then perform the following process once on the deployment management server. Details of the unconfiguration are forwarded to managed servers, including node agents, when a synchronization is performed. The managed servers then require their own reboot for the configuration changes to take effect.
To unconfigure the Tivoli Access Manager JACC provider:
- Disable global security by clicking Security > Global security and deselect the Enable global security option.
- Restart the server or, in a network deployment architecture, restart the deployment manager process.
- Start the wsadmin command line utility. The wsadmin command is found in install_dir\AppServer\bin.
- From the wsadmin prompt, enter the following command:
WSADMIN>$AdminTask unconfigureTAM -interactive You are prompted to enter the following information:
Option Description WebSphere Application Server node name Enter * to select all nodes. Tivoli Access Manager administrator's user name Enter the Tivoli Access Manager administration user ID as created at the time of Tivoli Access Manager configuration. This name is usually, sec_master. Tivoli Access Manager administrator's user password Enter the password for the Tivoli Access Manager administrator. Force Enter yes if you want to ignore errors when unconfiguring the Tivoli Access Manager Java Authorization Contract for Containers (JACC) provider. Enter this option as yes only when the Tivoli Access Manager domain is in an irreparable state. Defer Enter no to force the unconfiguration of the connected server. Enter No for the unconfiguration to proceed correctly.
- When all information is entered, enter F to save the properties or C to cancel from the unconfiguration process and discard entered information.
- Optional: If you want security enabled, not using Tivoli Access Manager, re-enable global security.
- Optional: In network deployment environments, synchronize all nodes.
- Restart all WAS instances for the changes to take effect.
See AlsoDisable embedded Tivoli Access Manager client
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Tivoli is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.