Configure transport chains
Configure transport chains to provide networking services to such functions as the service integration bus component of IBM service integration technologies, WebSphere Secure Caching Proxy, and the high availability manager core group bridge service.
A transport chain consists of one or more types of channels, each of which supports a different type of I/O protocol, such as TCP or HTTP. Network ports can be shared among all of the channels within a chain. The channel framework function automatically distributes a request arriving on that port to the correct I/O protocol channel for processing. To define these channels:
- Create a transport chain:
You can either use the administrative console or wsadmin commands to create a transport chain. If you want to use the administrative console:
- Ensure that a port is available for the new transport chain.
- In the administrative console, click...Servers | Application servers | servername
...and then click on one of the following...
- Under Web container settings, click Web container transport chains.
- Under Server messaging, click either Messaging engine inbound transports or WebSphere MQ link inbound transports.
- Click New.
The Create New Transport Chain wizard initializes. During the transport chain creation process, you are asked to:
- Specify a name for the new chain.
- Select a transport chain template
- Select a port, if one is available to which the new transport chain will be bound. If a port is not available or you want to define a new port, specify a port name, the host name or IP address for that port, and a valid port number.
When you click Finish, the new transport chain is added to the list of defined transport chains on the Transport chain panel.
- Click on the transport chain's name to view the configuration settings that are in effect for the transport channels contained in this chain. To change any of these settings:
- Click on the channel that requires changes to its settings.
- Make your changes to the configuration settings. Some of the settings, such as the port number are determined by what is specified for the transport chain when it is created and cannot be changed.
- Click on Custom properties to set any custom properties that have been defined for your system.
- When you have made all of your changes, click OK.
- Stop the application server and start it again. You must stop the application server and start it again before the configuration changes you made take affect.
See alsoTransport chains
HTTP transport channel custom property
HTTP Tunnel transport channel custom property
Troubleshoot transport chain problems
Configure HTTP transports
Transport chains collectionTransport chain settingsHTTP tunnel transport channel settingsHTTP transport channel settingsTCP transport channel settingsDCS transport channel settingsSSL inbound channelWeb container transport channel settings
See AlsoRepertoire settings
HTTP error and NCSA access log settings
Related InformationJFAP inbound channel settings
MQFAP inbound channel settings
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.