Problems using tracing, logging or other troubleshooting features
What kind of problem are you having?
- Error messages when launching the Log Analyzer
- Netscape browser fails when trying to enable a component trace
Error messages when launching the Log Analyzer
Upon starting the Log Analyzer for the first time or after the Log Analyzer preferences files of the users are deleted, the following message displays in the Log Analyzer shell windowCannot open input stream for waslogbrsys
This message is an informational message. You can disregard the message because it does not affect the execution of the Log Analyzer.
The following error messages might display in the Log Analyzer shell window when you start the Log AnalyzerCannot open input stream for default Cannot open input stream for default Cannot load configuration: default Cannot open input stream for default Cannot open input stream for default Cannot load configuration: default
These error messages indicate corrupt or incomplete user preference files.
To resolve this problem, take the following steps:
- Close the Log Analyzer.
- Delete all user preference files in the %USERPROFILE%\logbr directory on Windows platforms or $HOME/logbr directory on UNIX platforms.
- Restart the Log Analyzer.
Note:Deleting all user preference files removes the preferences of Log Analyzer set by the user in the preferences dialog.
Netscape browser fails when trying to enable a component trace
On systems using AIX, the Netscape browser fails when you try to enable trace on a component.
To work around this problem, do one of the following...
- Administer the AIX server from a remote machine running another browser and operating system.
- Change the trace manually in the server.xml file.
See AlsoTroubleshooting by component: What is not working?