Install completes with errors or hangs
- Browse log files in $WAS_HOME/logs.
- Verify latest fixes and fix packs have been installed.
- Verify pre-requisites were satisfied.
- Troubleshoot the installation.
- Check online resources .
- Search IBM Support
Administrative console does not start
An "Internal Server Error", "Page cannot be found", 404
- For a base configuration, run...startServer.sh server
- If you are using the deployment manager, run startManager.sh
- Review $WAS_HOME/logs/server/SystemOut.log
- Verify URL is similar to...http://server_name:9090/admin
- ping the server machine
- telnet to the server and port
An "Unable to process login. Check user ID and password and try again."
Security is enabled for WAS and the user ID or password supplied is invalid. Use the ID defined in security.xml or enable an ID.
The directory paths in the console contain strange characters
Directory paths may contain strange characters when they are viewed in the administrative console. This might result from the Java run time interpreting a backslash (\) as a control character.
To resolve, modify Windows-style class paths by replacing occurrences of single back slashes to two. For example, change...c:\MyFiles\MyJsp.jsp
Installation completes, but Sample applications do not work
If the WAS installation program completes successfully, but the Sample applications do not run:
- Browse the appserver log files:$WAS_HOME/logs/server_name/SystemErr.log
- If you see..."MSGS0508E: The JMS Server security service was unable to authenticate userid"
com.ibm.mq.jms.BrokerCommandFailedException: Broker command failed: 3008 Reason code 3008
...the userid of the administrative console user is more than 12 characters.
- Review Troubleshooting the installation