Errors returned to a client sending a SOAP request
- Browse the log files for clues...$WAS_HOME/servername/SystemErr.log
- See UDDI and SOAP component troubleshooting tips
SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket; java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
The most likely cause of this refused connection is that it was sent to the default port, 80, and an HTTP server is not installed or configured.
To verify this situation, send the message directly to the SOAP port; for example, to http://hostname:9080. If the message is sent correctly, there are two ways to resolve the problem...
- Continue specifying port 9080 on SOAP requests.
- If an HTTP server is not installed, install one and the associated plug-in component.
- If an HTTP server is installed...
- Regenerate the HTTP plug-in configuration in the administrative console by clicking Environment > Update WebServer Plugin, and cycling the HTTP server.
- If the problem persists, view the HTTP server access and error logs, as well as the $WAS_HOME/logs/http_plugin.log file for more information.
javax.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException... No end-entity certificate matching the selection criteria could be found
This error usually indicates that new or updated security keys are needed. The security key files are...
In an installed application, these files are located in the: $WAS_HOME/installedApps/application_name.ear/soapsec.war/key/ directory. After replacing these files, stop and restart the application.
To replace these files in a SOAP-enabled application that is not yet installed...
- Expand the application_name.ear file.
- Expand the soapsec.war file.
- Replace the security key files in thekey/ directory.
- After you replace these files, install the application and restart the server.
For current information available from IBM Support on known problems and their resolution, see IBM Support page.
IBM Support has documents that can save you time gathering information needed to resolve this problem. Before opening a PMR, see IBM Support page.
See AlsoTroubleshooting by component: What is not working?