Create cluster membersYou create a cluster member to represent an appserver in a cluster. To create a cluster member, view information about cluster members, or manage members of a cluster, use the Cluster Members page.
- Go to...Servers | Clusters | cluster_name | Cluster Members | New
- Type a name for the cluster member (appserver).
- Select the node on which the server will reside.
- Specify the server weight. The weight value controls the amount of work directed to the appserver. If the weight value for the server is greater than the weight values assigned to other servers in the cluster, then the server receives a larger share of the servers' workload. The value can range from 0 to 100.
- Specify whether to generate a unique HTTP port.
- Specify whether to create a replication entry for the server.
- Specify the server template.
- Click Apply to finish the cluster member. Repeat steps 1 through 7 to define another cluster member.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary of information on new cluster members and click Finish.
- Click Save
- To examine a cluster member's settings, click on the member's name under Member Name on the Cluster Members page. This displays the settings page for the cluster member instance.
Balancing workloads with clusters
Cluster member collection
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.