Importing client applicationsYou can import an application client JAR file into a new or existing enterprise application using the Assembly Toolkit.
- Start the Assembly Toolkit.
- Click File > Import.Alternatively, you can right-click Application Client Modules in a view such as the J2EE Hierarchy view and click Import. Or, on Windows platforms, you can drag the application client JAR file and drop it on a view.
- In the Import dialog, specify the application client file and project name...
- Click App Client JAR file > Next.
- Specify the application client JAR file to be imported. Use Browse to locate the JAR file and specify its full path name.
- Specify an application client project name. For example, if you are importing the HelloWorld.jar file, you might name the project HelloWorld. Click New and specify HelloWorld for the project name.
- Specify the EAR file into which to import the application client project.
- Click Finish.
- Verify the contents of the new application client module in either of the following ways...
- In the J2EE Hierarchy view, expand Application Client Modules and view the new module.
- Click Window > Show View > Navigator to see the associated files for the application client module in a Navigator view.
See AlsoAssembling application clients
Assembling applications with the Assembly Toolkit