Assembling application clientsAssemble a client module to contain application client code. Group enterprise beans, Web components, and resource adapter code in separate modules.
Application client projects contain programs that run on networked client systems. An application client project is deployed as a JAR file.
Use the Assembly Toolkit to assemble an application client module in any of the following ways...
- Import an existing application client JAR file.
- Create a new application client module.
- Start the Assembly Toolkit.
- (Optional) Open the J2EE perspective to work with J2EE projects. Click Window > Open Perspective > Other > J2EE.
- (Optional) Open the J2EE Hierarchy view. Click Window > Show View > J2EE Hierarchy. Other helpful views include the Project Navigator view (Window > Show View > Other > J2EE > Project Navigator) and the Navigator view (Window > Show View > Navigator).
- Migrate application client JAR files created with the Application Assembly Tool (AAT) or a different tool to the Assembly Toolkit. To migrate files, import your application client JAR files to the Assembly Toolkit.
- Create a new application client.
- Verify the contents of the new application client in either of the following ways...
- In the J2EE Hierarchy view, expand Application Client Modules and view the new module.
- Click Window > Show View > Navigator to see the associated files for the application client module in a Navigator view.
After you finish assembling all of your application's modules, you are ready to deploy your application.
See AlsoApplication clients
Creating application clients
Assembling applications with the Assembly Toolkit