Create connector modulesA connector is a J2EE component that provides access to Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), and must comply to the J2EE Connector architecture (JCA). An Enterprise Information System (EIS) is a set of related classes that lets an application access a resource such as data, or an application on a remote server, often called a resource adapter.
This article describes how to create a connector project using the Assembly Toolkit.
- Start the Assembly Toolkit.
- Open the J2EE perspective to work with J2EE projects. Click Window > Open Perspective > Other > J2EE.
- Click File > New > Connector Project.
- In the New Connector Project dialog...
- If you want your connector project to be a stand-alone project, select Standalone connector project. Selecting that the connector project stand alone disables the EAR project option at the bottom of the page.
- Name the connector project and specify its location. To change the default project location, click Browse and specify a new location.
- If you specified that the connector project stand alone, specify a new or existing enterprise application (EAR) project to be associated with your new connector project for purposes of deployment.Select an existing enterprise application project from the drop-down list or type a new project name. Or, click New and create a new enterprise application. Note that if you type a new EAR project name, the EAR project will be created in the default location with the lowest compatible J2EE version based on the version of the project being created. If you want to specify a different version or a different location for the enterprise application, click New and create a new enterprise application.
- (Optional) If you are creating a new enterprise application project or if you have no module dependencies to specify, skip this step. Otherwise, click Next to specify module and JAR file dependencies. On the Module Dependencies page, select dependent JAR files or modules within the associated enterprise application project.
- Click Finish to create the connector project.
- Verify the contents of the new connector project in either of the following ways...
- In the J2EE Hierarchy view, expand Enterprise Applications and the enterprise application associated with your connector project to view the new JAR file.
- Click Window > Show View > Navigator to see the associated files for the connector project in a Navigator view.
See AlsoResource adapter archive file
Assembling resource adapter (connector) modules
Assembling applications with the Assembly Toolkit