Publishing attachments to Lotus QuickrYou can store documents associated with an activity using the IBM Lotus Quickr product by publishing the document to a Lotus Quickr library. After you publish a file, a link to the document in Lotus Quickr replaces the file attachment in the entry.
Before you beginLotus Quickr must be installed in your enterprise and have access to one or more Lotus Quickr libraries. Your administrator configures IBM Connections to interact with your Lotus Quickr deployment, and must enable Quickr integration before you can publish files to a Lotus Quickr library.
About this taskTo publish a file to Lotus Quickr...
- Open the entry that contains the file attachment that you want to publish.
- Click Publish to Lotus Quickr beside the file attachment.
- Do one of the following:
- If the server specified in the Server field is not the one that hosts the library to which you want to publish the file, click the down-arrow button beside the field to select a different server. If your administrator configured it, you can alternately type a server name into the field. Include the protocol, such as http:// or https://.
- If no servers are displayed in the Server field, type the name of the server that you want to publish the file to into the field. Include the protocol, such as http:// or https://.
If you are asked to provide credentials, provide the user ID and password that you use to access Lotus Quickr, and then click Log In.
If you provided the correct credentials and the server you chose or specified is set up to integrate with IBM Connections, the Select an Item field is populated with a list of available Lotus Quickr libraries. If it is not populated, contact your administrator. As part of the configuration of Lotus Quickr integration, the administrator defines the list of servers to which Activities files can be published.
- Optional: To choose the library to which to publish the document, filter the libraries displayed in the Select an Item field by selecting one of the following options from the Display field:
Displays a list of all the libraries to which you have access, including public libraries.
Displays a list of all the libraries that you have identified as favorites.
Note: This option is displayed when using IBM Lotus Quickr services for IBM webSphere Portal only.
Displays a list of all the libraries of which you are a member, including libraries that you created. This list does not include public libraries.
Note: This option is displayed when using IBM Lotus Quickr services for IBM Lotus Domino only.
- Select a folder from the list displayed in the Select an Item field.
- Click Publish to complete the publication, close the dialog box, and return to the entry.
The file attachment in the entry is replaced with a Lotus Quickr link. You can click the link to open the target file's document summary page in Lotus Quickr.
Parent topicWork with entries
IBM Connections Connector for Lotus Quickr