Add styles to the IBM Connections stylesheetYou can change the look of the IBM Connections pages to give them a custom look by adding new style definitions in the cascading stylesheet and applying that style to different parts of the product user interface.
- Create a CSS file named custom.css and store it in the appropriate subdirectory of the customization directory, which is most likely the common directory. See Customize the user interface for more details. For example, to change the style of a class in all applications, you would copy the file into the following directory:
A custom.css file is present in the WAR file for each application, but the file does not contain any useful content by default, so it is easier to create a custom.css file from scratch.
- Open the CSS file in a text editor, and define any new styles that you want to apply to the product user interface. You can use the defaultTheme.css file as a resource for styles that have already been defined for the application.
- Add new style definitions or edit the style specified for the class definition you copied from the defaultTheme.css file.
- Save and close the custom.css file.
- To test your style changes, reference your new style from a user interface element, and then refresh your web browser.
- See Customize the user interface for details on how to apply your changes permanently.
Parent topicCustomize the user interface
Add a custom theme to Communities
Change common configuration property values
Apply common configuration property changes