Apply common configuration property changesAfter you have edited the configuration properties that are common to all IBM Connections applications, check the changed configuration files in, and restart the servers to apply the changes.
Before you beginYou must perform the check in during the same wsadmin session in which you checked out the files for the changes that you made to take effect.
- Open a command window and start the wsadmin command line tool as described in the topic, Starting the wsadmin client.
- Optional: If you want to confirm the changes that you made before checking the configuration files in, you can list the configuration settings and values using the following command:
- Update the value of the version stamp configuration property to force users' browsers to pick up this change. Enter the following command to increment the value of the versionStamp property:
LCConfigService.updateConfig("versionStamp","<gmt_timestamp>") where <gmt_timestamp> is the GMT time. You can specify an empty string for the time stamp or provide a GMT value string. When you specify an empty string, the client calculates the current GMT time and updates the version stamp with that value. If you choose to provide the time, specify it using the following format: yyyyMMdd.HHmmss and specify the time in GMT. It is best to provide an empty string and let the client format the time stamp. For example: LCConfigService.updateConfig("versionStamp","").
See Required post-customization step for more details.
- To check in the changed configuration property files, use the following command:
- After making updates, type the following command to deploy the changes:
- To exit the wsadmin client, type exit at the prompt.
- Stop and restart all of the IBM Connections application servers.
Parent topicChange common configuration property values
Customize the navigation bar
Add styles to the IBM Connections stylesheet
Customize the footer
Add a section to the footer
Making extensive color and style changes
Exposing email addresses
Use the Profiles database as the user directory
Apply property changes in Activities
Apply property changes
Apply property changes in Communities
Apply Files property changes
Apply property changes in Forums
Apply property changes in the News repository
Apply property changes in Profiles
Apply Wikis property changes
Hiding email addresses
Enable virus scanning
Disable the social analytics service
Required post-customization step
Customize the user interface
Profiles configuration properties
Common configuration properties
Activities configuration properties