Add a feed to a communitySubscribe to a feed to keep your community informed with up-to-the minute information from a web site without leaving the community page. Any member of a community can add a feed.
About this taskYou can only add publicly available feeds to a community. An administrator may make certain feed sources trusted – for example, feeds from other IBM Connections applications – in which case the authenticated feeds from these sources display. However, by default, authenticated feeds are not allowed.
ProcedureFollow these steps to add a feed to your community.
- Find a feed that you want to subscribe to.
For example, go to the IBM Syndicated Feeds web page and choose one of the IBM feeds.
- Right-click the feed icon and copy the link URL.
This image is one type of feed icon , but there are many variations.
- In Microsoft™ Internet Explorer, right-click and choose Copy Shortcut.
- In Mozilla Firefox, right-click and choose Copy Link Location.
- From any community for which you are a member, click Feeds in the navigation pane.
- Click Add Feed to open the Add Feed form.
- Paste the web address of the feed into the Feed field.
- Complete the Add Feed form and click Save.
What to do nextIf you get a 403 error when you try to access the feed, this might be because your administrator has configured your deployment to prevent access to URLs outside the IBM Connections product. Contact the administrator for more information.
Parent topicWork with feeds
Edit community feeds
Delete community feeds
File Type Size File Name Created On image/x-png 1 KB feed.png 4/6/11 6:56 PM