IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 18.104.22.168
Web Services workspace
The Web Services workspace displays information about the data counters of the Web services.
The examples of the information include the number of loaded Web services, the number of requests delivered and processed, the request response time, and the average size of requests. This workspace displays data provided by both the Web Services attributes and the Web Services Gate Way attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains:
- Worst Response Times bar chart
Displays the worst average response times (in milliseconds) for the selected Web services
- Most Popular bar chart, which shows the exception and request rates (in events per second) for the selected services
- Web Services report, which displays aggregated performance data for each Web service, including requests, response times, and payload sizes
- Web Service Gateway report, which displays aggregated performance data for each Web service gateway, including the number of synchronous and asynchronous requests and responses
Access the Web Services workspace
To access this workspace:
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node | WebSphere agents | WebSphere application server | Web Services
Selected Web Services - History workspace
The Selected Web Services - History workspace displays the historical information that corresponds to the information in the Web Services workspace for a selected Web service. Historical information is collected over a particular measured time span. See the online help for Tivoli Enterprise Portal for a detailed explanation of historical reporting.
Access the Selected Web Services - History workspace
To access this workspace from the Web Services workspace, use one of the following procedures:
- From the Web Services report, right-click the link icon to the left of any row; then, from the pop-up menu, click Selected Web Services - History.
- From the Worst Response Times bar chart, or the Most Popular bar chart, right-click any bar; then, from the pop-up menu, click Link To > Selected Web Services - History.
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications