IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
Garbage Collection Analysis workspace
This workspace summarizes all the Java Virtual Machine's (JVM) garbage-collector activity over a user-defined interval.
The JVM generates detailed garbage collection logs for an application server when started with the verbose:gc runtime parameter. This workspace displays data provided by the Garbage Collection Analysis attributes.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Garbage Collection Rate
History graph, which displays the rate at which the garbage-collection algorithm is being invoked
- Heap Usage
History bar chart
Displays the high-water mark of free storage (in kilobytes) available in the heap after each garbage-collector run
- Percentage of Time Garbage Collector Running
History graph, which displays the percentage of real-time the garbage collector was running during the current interval, for each server region
- Garbage Collection Analysis report
Displays information about the garbage-collection activities within the Java Virtual Machine that is hosting the application server. For example, this report displays the number of times the collector ran during the interval and the resulting number of objects that the collector freed
Access the Garbage Collection Analysis workspace
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node | a href="http://setgetweb.com/p/ITCAMv7/planning_an_installation/Agents.html">WebSphere
| WebSphere application server | Garbage Collection Analysis
Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Garbage Collection Analysis workspace
In the Tivoli Enterprise Portal navigate to the Garbage Collection Analysis workspace. You can use the Diagnostic Server Activity Display link to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine. For information about access requirements see Prerequisites for access.
- In the Garbage Collection Analysis window, right click the choose link icon then click Diagnostic Memory Leak.
- If this is the first time you access the Managing Server Visualization Engine you see a Welcome to the Application Monitor page.
- Depending on the user setup configuration in your environment you may or may not have to type your Managing Server Visualization Engine User Name and Password. If you do, you only need to log in using your User Name and Password once per session.
- Click OK to display the Memory Leak Confirmation report page in the Managing Server Visualization Engine. You can use this page to diagnose memory leak problems.
- In a z/OS environment, right click the link icon on a row where the ASID column displays Summary.
- Click Garbage Collection Analysis Servant Regions.
- In the Garbage Collection Analysis - Servant Regions table, right click the link icon on a row.
- Click Diagnostic Memory Leak.
- For information about Creating a Memory Leak Confirmation report in this page, and additional features refer to the Composite Application Manager help within the Managing Server Visualization Engine Interface.
- To return to the previous workspace in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface at any time choose from the following options:
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop client, click the back arrow on your web browser.
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal browser client, click the browser back arrow.
- Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine.
- Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications