IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
OverviewUse the Composite Request features in the MSVE to monitor transactions that use resources on more than one server.
- Determine if the reason a top-level request is hanging is its use of resources on a different application server.
- Identify the origin (the application server and top-level request) that invoked a hanging request.
- Discover the inter-application architecture of complex workflows.
Composite Request functionality
Area Description Server Activity Display View active transactions on a specific server In-Flight Request Search Search for active transactions on all servers, a group of servers, or a specific server Performance Analysis and Reporting Locate completed transactions Composite Method Trace Display the method traces of all transactions in the composite request Composite Stack Trace Display the stack traces of all servers involved in the composite request that are still actively processing the transaction
Each of these features produces a list of transactions which might participate in a composite request. The presence of the composite request icon indicates that a transaction participates in a composite request:
- User Scenarios
- The scope of composite requests
- Composite requests involving CICS and IMS systems
- Locate, view, and analyze composite requests
- View composite requests
Parent topic:ITCAM for Application Diagnostics - Managing Server Visualization Engine