IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 22.214.171.124
Modify a trap
After creating a trap, you can modify any of the parameters of a trap. Change the Group, Server, Trap Type, Target Type, Alert Conditions, and the Action that occurs when the system meets the conditions. Using this method, you can reuse and modify old traps for different servers.
A trap must be deactivated prior to modification.
Modify a trap:
- From the top navigation, click...
Problem Determination > Trap & Alert Management > Trap Profiles > trap_name > Modify
- To change the Trap Definition, enter a new threshold that will trigger the trap after meeting the condition.
- To change the Trap Alert settings, under Condition enter the number of times the trap occurs before the system takes any action, including sending an e-mail or sending an SNMP message. Specify the amount of time under Time Interval to monitor how many times the trap met its conditions. In addition, set the Alert Suppression settings by entering the amount of time you want to delay alerts after the first alert is sent.
- Select one or all Data Actions to get detailed information (not applicable to the Windows platform), such as Component/Method Trace, Stack Trace, and Thread Dump. Data Action is not applicable to Server Resource trap.
- Click Add to add a new alert to your trap. If you select Component/Method Trace as the Data Action for an In-flight-based trap, the method trace might contain a "-1" for Depth on some events in the method trace. In-flight transactions, by definition, are incomplete transactions, so the request stacks of those transactions will be incomplete.
- To change the name, enter a new name and descriptive text for your trap. This will replace the old name when saved.
- Click Save. The Trap and Alert Management page opens displaying your modified trap.
Parent topic:Trap and alert management
Activate a trap
Set a Server Resource trap
Set an Application trap