IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 22.214.171.124
Activate a trap
You can turn traps off and on by activating and deactivating them. Traps use resources on the managing server, including database storage, and generate network traffic, so make sure the thresholds you set to trigger your traps are realistic.
To activate a trap:
- A trap is activated at the end of the trap creation dialog by clicking the Save & Activate button on the Name Trap panel; see Set an Application trap or Set a Server Resource trap to start from the beginning of the trap creation process. To activate an existing trap, from the top navigation, click...
Problem Determination > Trap & Alert Management > > Trap Profiles > trap_name | Activate
- Select a group and a server.
If you select all servers the trap will be applied to all servers assigned to the group (whether currently available or unavailable) at the time the trap is activated. Any new servers assigned to the group will not use the trap.
- Set the Alert Suppression settings by entering the amount of time you want to delay alerts after the first alert is sent. Click the Trap Default radio button to use the default suppression for the trap, or click the Override Default radio button to set a specific suppression duration for this particular trap activation. If you do not want to suppress any alerts, enter a value of 0, or leave the field blank.
- If you want the trap to run indefinitely, do not check either of the check boxes in the deactivation settings section. If you want the trap to deactivate, click one or both of the check boxes for deactivation, and fill in the value(s) for minutes or occurrences. If both deactivation settings are selected, the trap will deactivate when the first of the two deactivation conditions is met.
- Click Activate. The Trap and Alert Management page displays the trap in the Active Traps table at the top of the page.
Parent topic:Trap and alert management
Deactivate a trap
Duplicating a trap
Modify a trap
Set a Server Resource trap
Set an Application trap